Harringey TH Presents ‘Vaccine Uptake Training’ - Free Virtual Simulation Training Online for admin, reception & AHP staff
We are pleased to offer your staff places on these online simulation sessions co-delivered by the Haringey Training Hub and Haringey Vaccination Team. These sessions will enable your staff to effectively discuss issues around vaccination with patients who may be hesitant about any vaccine, including childhood immunisations and Covid.
Who is it for?
- Reception, admin or other front line non-clinical staff involved in any patient facing role.
- Any allied healthcare professional such as HCAs, Care-co-ordinators, nurses, paramedics, PAs etc are equally welcome.
- This session is not designed specifically for GPs, or trainee doctors – however should your practice not fill it’s places then you will also find the session useful.
What will you learn?
- How to have positive conversations with patients who have concerns about vaccines.
- You will gain real experience of having these conversations through interactive simulation so you feel more confident discussing vaccines with patients.
- You’ll be give strategies and tips to deal with common myths and worries patients may have.
- How to improve your practice uptake of vaccines for at risk groups.
Two initial session are planned as below, the session lasts 2.5 hours and will happen via Zoom.
Due to the interactive simulation activity you will need to attend the whole session and have access to a webcam
How do I sign up?
We would encourage each practice to send up to two members of staff.
You can register someone to attend here using the Eventbrite links shown above.
There are limited spaces – 40 per session.
Please keep in mind the number of places is limited and that the session depends on having all places filled, therefore please ensure you can attend the full session or that the place can be filled by another member of staff should a change need to be made.
How much does it cost?
Attending is free of charge to practices and participants. However these sessions do cost a significant amount to deliver so we would please ask you to ensure you attend if you sign up so as not to waste the resources invested in delivering the session.
How will the session run?
During the session you will engage in online simulation and receive friendly and positive feedback form your small group. Each group will be facilitated by a member of the Haringey vaccination team who have experience in discussing vaccines with thousands of patients. Each member of the group will take a turn talking to a simulated patient about vaccinations in a friendly and supportive learning group. These sessions use the same model of learning used for simulation in medical education which is almost universally found to enjoyable and useful by those taking part.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com