Cervical Sample Taker Initial Training – (North Central London)
This course is open to:
· registered nurses
· registered nursing associates
· registered midwives
· physician associates who are registered on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
· registered healthcare professionals working in integrated sexual health (ISH) clinics
· General Medical Council (GMC) registered medical doctors
who wish to train to take cervical samples as part of their work.
It is delivered in accordance with the NHS Cervical Screening Programme training guidelines and is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing
The course is delivered via a blended learning approach and comprises of on-line modules, Teams meetings, and classroom teaching delivered over a one-week period forming the theoretical components of the training. This will then need to be followed by clinical practice and completion of a portfolio under the supervision of a mentor and final external assessment.
The classroom teaching will take one full day and will be held at the London Regional Cytology Training Centre based at Northwick Park Hospital (unless otherwise stated).
Lectures will be given by both senior nurse practitioners and cytologists.
The whole training registration pathway can take up to six months to complete and all components are compulsory for all staff wishing to take cervical samples.
The dates for 2021 are given below:
· Thursday 30th September to Thursday 7th October (9.30am – 16.30pm)
· Thursday 4th November to Thursday 11th November (9.30am-16.30pm)
· Thursday 25th November to Thursday 2nd December (9.30am – 16.30pm)
o The dates in BOLD indicates the mandatory practical session
Course Fee per person – £50 (London contracted).
This fee will be covered by Federated 4 Health (on behalf of the NCL Training Hub
Further details can be obtained by contacting :-
· Mark Terry, LRCTC Manager, Room 6X 006, Level 6, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3UJ,
Telephone 020 8869 5347 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mary Madigan, Course Administrator. Telephone 020 8869 5270 or e-mail email@example.com
Booking Information – Book online at www.lrctc.org.uk
Please visit our website at www.lrctc.org.uk, this site gives details of all courses, facilities, accommodation and maps etc. In addition it has an online facility for booking all courses for your convenience.