The GP Federations of North Central London (NCL) are delighted to announce a new cohort of innovative salaried GP posts. These will include sessions with a local practice and then a range of salaried innovative portfolio roles (SPIN) in local Trusts. These options take into account the interests expressed in the London 2017 GP trainee survey, our local VTS survey in 2019 and discussions with a number of the local VTS schemes.
Priority will be given to GPs who have just completed or are about to complete their GP training and would therefore be able to take up posts from January/February 2020 and also to recently qualified GPs (up to 5 years) who are working as locums or otherwise not in permanent employment. It is hoped there will be another cohort of roles advertised in 2020.
Please review the recruitment booklet here for a full description of the scheme.
The posts will comprise:
- A permanent offer of a salaried GP contract in one of the listed GP practices in the NCL area of between 4 and 7 sessions a week (please see booklet for list of practices) in which the GP will be employed by the GP Practice
- A portfolio role for two sessions per week with a local provider, for one to two years
- Peer support with a mentor, as a cohort hosted by the local GP Federation/Training Hub with input from a local GP Programme Director.
Portfolio roles available (click here for job descriptions and eligibility)
- 1 role is available with Academic Health Science Centre, University College London Partners, working as a Health Technology Advisor with the Commercial & Innovation Team – this role is prioritised for GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough
- 1 role is available with the North London Hospice working with their palliative care team – this role is open to GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough
- At least 1 role is available with North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust working with their oncology/palliative care team – this role is open to GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough as a priority but consideration will also be given to candidates wishing to work in Haringey
- 2 roles are available with North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust working with their A&E department, in their Urgent Treatment Centre – one is available in each of the boroughs of Enfield and Haringey and open to a GP wishing to work with practices in either of these boroughs
- 1 role is available with Whittington Health NHS Trust in their Community Paediatrics team, working in childhood asthma – this is open to a GP wishing to work with a Haringey practice
- 2 roles are available with the Haringey GP Federation (Federated4Health) – this is open to a GP wishing to work with a Haringey practice
- 1 role is available with Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust working with their Ambulatory Care team on same day emergency care – priority will be given to GPs wishing to work with a Barnet or Islington practice (but consideration will be given to candidates from other boroughs)
To apply for all roles, please complete the Application and Personal Statement Form and send with a current CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 28th November 2019.
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Barron, NCL GP SPIN Programme Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org