The GP Federations of North Central London (NCL) are delighted to announce a cohort of innovative salaried posts across the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden and Islington. These will include sessions with a local practice and then a range of salaried innovative portfolio roles (SPIN) in local Trusts and a funded opportunity to undertake a further qualification in Health and Wellbeing. These options take into account the interests expressed in the London 2017 GP trainee survey, our local VTS survey in 2019 and discussions with a number of the local VTS schemes.
Priority will be given to GPs who have just completed or are about to complete their GP training and would therefore be able to take up posts from October/November 2019 and also to recently qualified GPs (up to 5 years) who are working as locums or otherwise not in permanent employment. It is hoped there will be another cohort of roles advertised by the end of 2019.
Please review the booklet attached for a full description of the scheme.
The posts will comprise:
- A permanent offer of a salaried GP contract in one of the listed GP practices in the NCL area of between 4 and 7 sessions a week (please see booklet for list of practices) in which the GP will be employed by the GP Practice
- A portfolio role for two sessions per week with a local provider, for one to two years (at the end of which the SPIN GP should be in a position to develop their own portfolio role)
- Peer support with a mentor, as a cohort hosted by the local GP Federation/Training Hub with input from a local GP Programme Director.
Portfolio roles available (see booklet for job descriptions and eligibility)
- 2 roles are available with North Middlesex University Hospital Trust working with their A&E department, in their Urgent Treatment Centre – one is available in each of the boroughs of Enfield and Haringey and open to a GP wishing to work with practices in either of these boroughs
- 1 role is available with Camden and Islington Mental Health Trust, working with the Islington Drug and Alcohol Team – this is open to a GP wishing to work with an Islington practice
- 3 roles are available with the North London Hospice working with their palliative care team – one is available in each of the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey and open to a GP wishing to work with practices in one of these boroughs
- 4 roles are available with the two Camden Federations (Haverstock Healthcare and Camden Health Evolution (CHE) – this is open to a GP wishing to work with a Camden practice
- Up to 2 roles are available with Barnet Federation and Barnet Training Hub – this is open to a GP wishing to work with a Barnet practice
- There is also an opportunity to undertake a funded PG Cert with Canterbury Christchurch University in Health and Wellbeing, and a bursary is available to fund the two sessions for one year – this is open to a GP wishing to work within any borough in North Central London and able to commute to Canterbury once a week as required.
NB: This role is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
To apply for all roles except the PG Cert, please complete the Application and Personal Statement Form attached and send with a current CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 10th October 2019.
To apply for the PG Cert, this is on a first-come-first-served basis (on receipt of a fully completed application form), so please send the PG Cert Application Form attached and send with a current CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org but at the latest by 5pm on Thursday 10th October 2019.
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Barron, NCL GP SPIN Programme Manager on email@example.com