Now open to applications
NHS England and NHS Improvement have partnered with the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management to establish the new NHS Regional Clinical Fellow Scheme. The scheme will deliver on a key commitment of the NHS People Plan 2020/21 to expand the opportunities and support to talented clinical leaders and to strengthen clinical leadership capability in the NHS.
· Clinical fellows will be based in the regional teams of the NHS for 12 months from 1 September 2021.
· Posts are available as less than full time (0.6FTE) secondments and will be hosted by NHS England and NHS Improvement.
· The scheme is open to doctors in training, dentists, pharmacists, allied health professionals, nurses, midwives and healthcare scientists who can demonstrate experience at team leader level, equivalent to an NHS Band 7 role.
· Clinical fellows will lead key projects that contribute to regional and national priorities supporting recovery, reset and the implementation of learning from the Covid-19 pandemic.
· Clinical fellows will develop a range of skills in leadership, management, strategy, healthcare policy, commissioning, workforce and more, and will have access to a supported alumni scheme upon completion for ongoing support, development and to act as a resource for the NHS to draw on.
· The deadline for applications is 9am on Tuesday 4 May 2021.
Please direct any questions or requests for further information to email@example.com.