Barnet Training Hub have recruited Chris Greene in this role with funding provided by Health Education England to support practice nurses in their roles as supervisors and assessors.
Chris is an experienced practice nurse who has worked in a Barnet general practice until her retirement early this year. She has a range of clinical skills including cervical cytology, immunisation and travel vaccinations and is a keen educator. She was recently awarded the RCGP “Outstanding Contribution to the NHS Award” at a glittering ceremony attended by her Barnet nursing colleagues as well as Anita Patel – Deputy Chair of Barnet Training Hub.
She will be available to support nurses in general practices who are struggling to provide dedicated time to learners and new to general practice nurses. This in turn will enable practices to participate in training schemes to “grow our own” nurses for the future.
The outcomes for this role are aligned to the GPN 10point plan as set out in the GPN Long term plan:
- Increase student nurse placement capacity within practices in Barnet
- Support practices to offer training placements to GPN trainees
- Retain existing nurses through career development
- Reduce variation and improve quality in patient care
- Make Barnet an attractive place to work due to education and support structure.
Chris can be contacted on email@example.com