Continued Professional Development
Prioritising People, Practicing Effectively, Preserving Safety and Promoting Professionalism and Trust are the 4 pillars of the NMC Code of Conduct (2019). Continued Professional Development (CPD) is integral and essential to ensure all practitioners across Barnet continue to practice to these standards. The relationships built up between practice staff across the borough over recent years is essential to ensure standards are met and delivered within the emerging primary care networks. The CPD programme is fundamental to the safety of patients and the sustainability and success of the GPN 10 point plan. (NHS England, 2018).
We continually strive to use the CPD events and the nursing and HCSW forums to
- inspire leadership for change, to prepare for working within primary care networks
- and facilitate Peer support and a cohesive network within the PN and HCSW groups both individually and combined.
In 2018 the following CPD was delivered.
- Contraception and Sexual Health; identified by the team as a learning need due to reduced local family planning services.
- Annual immunisation updates for both PN and HCSW required to ensuring safety of care.
- Wound Care update
- facilitated a large multi-professional event focusing this year on respiratory primary care management.
To find out more about what we do please read the attached report.