Immunisations and Vaccinations
For all the latest advice for immuniat
- Link to NHS England for useful information on immunisations and PGDs
- Immunisation Guidance from the RCN: Supporting the Delivery of Immunisation Education
- Governmental information about childhood immunisations
- Department of Health order form for childhood vaccinations
- Information on payment for vaccines
- The Green Book: always use the web version, which is regularly updated. Print versions are no longer being circulated, and will now be out of date.
- E-learning course from National Skills Academy about the legal and practical implications of immunisations and vaccinations.
- Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine Guidance (LAIV) from RCN: A paper relating specifically to the delivery of the LAIV programme for children and the role of registered nurses and HCSW involved in delivering this vaccine programme.
GSK Vaccination resources
GSK offer a range of materials and resources about vaccinations through their healthcare professional website, hcp.gsk (contains promotional material). You can hear from leaders in the vaccines field through their ‘Expert perspectives’ videos and browse our GSK vaccine slides, covering a range of topics on travel health and private vaccination. You can also sign up to email updates for the latest news on supply and our upcoming educational meetings, on their websites, hcp.gsk and www.vaccines.co.uk (contains promotional material).